Gergen, K. J. (1992). "Organizational Theory in the Post-Modern
Era" in M. Reed and M. Hughes. Rethinking Organizations: new
directions in organization theory and analysis, Sage Publications: 207-226.
- theories cannot be separated by culture
- romantic vs modernist views of organization
- knowledge governed by social processes and language
- function of theories not truth but functionality
- rationality product of social collaboration
- often about culture
Martin, J. (1990). "Deconstructing organizational behavior
taboos: The supressions of gender conflict in organizations." Organization
Science, 1: 339-359.
- deconstruction show multiple ways text can be intrepreted
- childrearing separated from social labor
- public-private dichotomy discriminates against women